Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Learn To Row: Session 1 for Members (Mon/Tues/Fri Evening)
Monday, April 30, 2018, 6:30 PM until Friday, May 25, 2018
1325 Lake Shore Dr.
Ann Arbor , MI 48104
AARC REFUND POLICY
All requests for refunds must be made in email or in writing prior to the start of a
program*. Refund requests must be submitted by email to the Membership Chair
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to:
Ann Arbor Rowing Club
Attn: Membership Chair
P.O. Box 3128
Ann Arbor, Mich. 48106
Learn to Row (General and Youth) and Learn to Scull (General and Youth) programs:
1) If you decide to withdraw from a program 21 days before the start date of a program, you may only receive a refund or credit for another program in the same year, minus a $20.00
2) If you withdraw from a program less than 21 days before the start date of a program, you may only
receive credit for another program in the same year, minus a $50.00 processing fee.
3) NO REFUNDS, OR CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN ON OR AFTER THE START
DATE OF THE PROGRAM.
5) No credits will be carried to the following year.
Regular Membership (All Sweep and Club Sculling programs for ADULTS):
AARC’s seasonal registration allows our members flexibility in
registration. As such, few refunds will be given, except in extreme circumstances.
1) If you withdraw from rowing prior to the start of that season, you may
receive a refund or account credit, minus a $20.00 processing fee.
2) If you withdraw from rowing after the start of that season, NO
REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.*
3) If you withdraw from rowing after the start of a season, and had paid for the whole on-water season using the early bird discount, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.*
4)No refund credits will be carried to the following year.
5) No refunds will be given for the AARC Membership fee.
*Exceptions may be made due to injury.
Membership and Program Fees must be paid before each program or season starts (before 4/1, 6/1, 9/1 & 12/1). Programs may be joined mid-season, but fees will not be pro-rated and payments received after the start of season will be charged a $25 late fee, unless the member joining is a brand new member to the club.
What to Bring & Wear
Comfortable workout clothing is best, however, baggy clothes, such as long shirts and jackets or baggy pants and shorts should be avoided, because they can get caught in the wheels under the seat. The best rowing clothes are tight fitting, such as running tights or bike shorts. Wear layers so that you can remove clothes as you heat up. Synthetic, wicking materials are most comfortable for the bottom layer next to your skin. Gym shoes are ok early on when you are on land or on the barge. After that, you'll just need socks, as there are shoes mounted in the racing shells. Shoes that slip off easily work best.
Rowing is a water sport & sometimes you get wet, so be prepared. Toss a towel, extra socks and warm sweatshirt into your car or backpack. You might want a warm hat. Thin gloves are ok on the rowing machines, but are generally not worn on the water (it's a rower thing). Bring a bottle of water and wear sunscreen, even in cool weather.
Class will meet rain or shine (or snow) -- if it's miserable the class will work on the rowing machines inside the boathouse.